In this tutorial, I am giving the steps to install Oracle SQL Developer 19.1 on Mac OS (Mojave) with JDK version 8.
Software Versions Used for this Demonstration
- macOSMojave 10.14.4
- JDK 8
- Oracle SQL Developer 19.1
To install SQL developer on Mac, JDK 8 is required. So first download and install the JDK 8 as described in the below steps.
1. Download and Install JDK 8
- Download JDK 8 from the following link JDK 8.
- After completing the download, double click the file named "jdk-8u211-macosx-x64.dmg" to begin the installation, as shown in the below image:
- Click on the Continue button, and in the next step click on the Install button.
- Then it will install and will give you the final message that the JDK 8 is installed successfully. Now click on the close button.
2. Download and Install Oracle SQL Developer 19.1
- Click on the following link to download Oracle SQL Developer 19.1.
- After completing the download, you will get the file named "sqldeveloper-19.1.0.094.2042-macosx.app.zip". Unzip the file and you will get the file "SQLDeveloper".
- Move the file SQLDeveloper to the Applications folder and do the double click to start the Oracle SQL Developer.
Your installation of Oracle SQL Developer 19.1 with JDK 8 is complete.
- How to Install JDK 8 on Windows 10? (JDK1.8.0_201)
- How to Install Oracle SQL Developer 18.2 on Windows 10?