Here is the step by step guide to install Windows XP Virtual Machine on Windows 10 using Oracle Virtual Box. Check the prerequisites below before installation.
- Oracle Virtual Machine (to download click here).
- Windows XP ISO installation file With License Software Key.
Install Windows XP Virtual Machine on Windows 10
1. After installing the Oracle Virtual Box run it and then click on the New icon and then Create Virtual Machine Window will appear as shown below. Give the name to this Windows XP Virtual Machine, e.g., WindowsXPVM in the Name box and then choose Windows XP from the version drop-down list as shown below. Then click on Next.
2. After that allocate Memory size (RAM) approx 4GB or it depends on your system that how much you have. If you have less RAM, then specify the memory size accordingly. Then click on Next.
3. Then select Create a virtual hard disk now radio button as shown below and click on Next.
4. From the next screen select VDI (Virtual Disk Image) and click on Next as shown below.
5. Then from the next window, select storage type option Dynamically allocated (Recommended). Then click on Next.
6. A window will appear for File allocation and size, specify more than 5GB at-least. Then click on Next.
7. After that, it will return to Main windows, and you can see your newly created Windows XP Virtual Machine is there in the list as shown in below image. Select your newly created machine (WindowsXPVM) and then click on the start button.
8. A window will appear to select startup disk file. Locate the Windows XP ISO file and click on Start. A regular Windows XP installation will begin and when prompt to enter license key then provide the Windows XP key and follow the installation steps.
9. Now your Windows XP Virtual Machine on Windows 10 is ready. I will recommend you to restart the Windows XP multiple times, and it will take all the drivers, and then you can work on Windows XP comfortably.