Follow these steps to install MongoDB Compass in Windows.
- First, download MongoDB from the following link and select the Current Stable Release for Windows 64bit option, as shown in below image:
- Open the download folder, and run the "MongoDB-win32-x86_64-2008plus-SSL-4.0.1-signed.msi" file to install MongoDB.
- A Welcome installation window will appear, click on the Next button.
- From the next step, you can select the custom installation to specify another location for installation, else click on the Next button.
- Then select Install MongoDB as Service and click on the Next button.
- Then it will also ask you to install Compass; the checkbox selected already. Click on the Next button and the installation will start for MongoDB with Compass.
- After completing the installation, the MongoDB Compass will run itself, and the screen will appear as shown below.
You can accept the default settings and click on the Connect button to connect to MongoDB.