In this tutorial, I am giving an example to export query result to an Excel file in Oracle SQL Developer. The following are the steps:
Export SQL Query Result to Excel File in Oracle SQL Developer
- Open Oracle SQL Developer and connect to the database.
- Then press Alt+F10 key to open an SQL Worksheet.
- In the SQL Worksheet, type your SQL query and press Ctrl+Enter key to execute.
- You will get the SQL result in Query Result window.
- In the query result data grid window, do the right click and from the shortcut menu choose Export option.
- An Export Wizard window will open.
- In the Export Wizard window, choose Excel 2003+(xlsx) option from the Format drop-down.
- Specify the Excel worksheet name in the Data Worksheet Name field.
- Uncheck the checkbox named Query Worksheet Name if you don't want to export the SQL query in another worksheet of Excel book.
- Specify the file name in File field and then click on the Next button.
- Then click on the Finish button on the second step, and you can find your Excel file at the specified location.