Below are the few quick examples to execute PL SQL block in Oracle.
1. Execute PL SQL Block in SQL Plus
In SQL Plus, just put the forward slash (/) at the end of PL SQL block and press enter to execute. As shown below:
set serveroutput on; DECLARE v_empno emp.empno%TYPE := 7369; v_ename emp.ename%TYPE; BEGIN SELECT ename INTO v_ename FROM emp WHERE empno = v_empno; DBMS_OUTPUT.put_line (v_ename); END; /
SMITH PL/SQL procedure successfully completed.
2. Execute PL SQL Block in Toad
In Toad, put the cursor anywhere in the PL SQL block and press F5 to execute as a script or press F9 to execute in the background.
3. Execute PL SQL Block in SQL Developer
In SQL Developer, press ctrl+enter or press F5 to execute the PL SQL block.
- Import CSV in Oracle table using Toad
- Stored Procedure Example in Oracle
- Table Type Example in Oracle