In this tutorial, You will learn how to drop an Oracle Database in Windows. The following are the Oracle database and Windows version details used in this example:
- Oracle Database 11g
- Windows 10
Steps To Drop an Oracle Database 11g in Windows 10
- Click on the start menu and point to the shortcut of your Oracle database installation home, for example, Oracle - OraDb11g_home1 then click on the Database Configuration Assistant option.
- The Database Configuration Assistant welcome window will appear, then click on the Next button.
- In the Second step, you will find the following options as showing in the below image:
- Select the Delete a Database option as shown in the above picture and click on the Next button.
- Then on the 3rd step, it will show you the Oracle Database name which is installed currently and will ask you to enter username and password with SYSDBA privilege. Enter SYS username and password and click on the Finish button to Drop the Oracle Database. Below is a screenshot: