In this tutorial, you will learn how to connect Oracle Database in JDeveloper. JDeveloper version used for this example is 12c and following is the Oracle Database information to which we connect:
ORCL = (DESCRIPTION = (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = localhost)(PORT = 1521)) (CONNECT_DATA = (SERVER = DEDICATED) (SERVICE_NAME = orcl) ) )
Connect to Oracle Database Using JDeveloper (12c) Example
- In JDeveloper, click on the menu File > Application.
- A New Gallery window will open.
- In New Gallery window, under categories click on the Connections node and then right-side connections options will display.
- Then on the right side, click on the Database Connection option and then click on the OK button to open Create Database Connection window as shown in below image.
- Then specify the connection name in the Connection Name field. Specify username and password. Specify the hostname, JDBC Port (Oracle Database Port Number) and the SID for the connection. Then click on the Test Connection button to test. If it shows the Success message, then it means your Oracle Database connection is successful. Click on the OK button to finish.
The Oracle Database connection is now created using Oracle JDeveloper.